The FUMC Book Club meets on the 2nd Wednesday most months at 7:00 PM in the church parlor. The group chooses a new book to read and discuss. It may be a recent best-seller or a less familiar title recommended by a member.
Reaching In To Adults—
You are invited to join these groups at any time. . . church membership not required!
Adult Sunday School Classes
- Growing in Faith meets on Sunday mornings from 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM in the Sunday School room next to the nursery.
- The Builders Class features inspirational discussions and a great time of learning at 10:15 AM on Sundays in the basement Fellowship Hall.
Adult Bible Studies
- Newton Village group meets Mondays at 10:00 AM (no summer class). Facilitated by pastor Paul Smith.
- Park Centre group meets Thursdays at 10:00 AM (no summer class). Facilitated by pastor Paul Smith
- Monday Afternoon Bible Study meets in the “Gathering Place” (west of the Narthex) at 2:00 PM (no summer class). This study focuses on the lives of Bible characters, the ups and downs of their faith, and how we can use their stories to grow.
Knitting & Crocheting
At 7:00 PM on the first Thursday of each month we gather in the church parlor to crochet or knit. We bring projects we are working on and share ideas. Beginners are welcome to come and learn. Come join in on the fellowship and enjoy learning new stitches or new items to make. Among the projects we make are making newborn hats for the hospital and prayer shawls.